[Sca-cooks] speaking of sugary almond things....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 23:06:06 PST 2005

Elisabetta commented:
> We made the honey version with 15 pounds of walnuts and 3 pounds of
> almonds the
> week before the event, and stuck them in the fridge. The only
>
> alteration to the
>
> recipe was that we rolled in balls in crushed walnuts to make them
> less
>
> sticky.
>

> And if you hear people talking about the sticky nut balls, this is
>
> the recipe.
Unless perhaps it is Adamantius' son:

Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:59:19 -0400
From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
Subject: Re: SC - Jelly Bean and other flavours

It's that parental selective hearing. This is part of why my son was
able to get away with loudly asking (until it was much, much too late),
at an event at which gingerbrede was served, "Hey, everybody, have you
tried [So-and-so's] balls? They're big and spicy and brown!" Within
seconds the hall was full of bad Isaac Hayes impersonations...

Adamantius, who swears the wording was a coincidence
<<<

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas