[Sca-cooks] speaking of sugary almond things....

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Nov 15 03:47:23 PST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:06 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Elisabetta commented:
>> We made the honey version with 15 pounds of walnuts and 3 pounds
>> of almonds the
>> week before the event, and stuck them in the fridge. The only
>>
>> alteration to the
>>
>> recipe was that we rolled in balls in crushed walnuts to make them
>> less
>>
>> sticky.
>>

>> And if you hear people talking about the sticky nut balls, this is
>>
>> the recipe.
> Unless perhaps it is Adamantius' son:
> >>>
> Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:59:19 -0400
> From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - Jelly Bean and other flavours
>
> It's that parental selective hearing. This is part of why my son was
> able to get away with loudly asking (until it was much, much too
> late),
> at an event at which gingerbrede was served, "Hey, everybody, have you
> tried [So-and-so's] balls? They're big and spicy and brown!" Within
> seconds the hall was full of bad Isaac Hayes impersonations...
>
> Adamantius, who swears the wording was a coincidence
> <<<

Well, I certainly _thought_ it was a coincidence at the time, but
then this is the same child (now a rather large, muscular creature
with incipient facial hair and a vast horde of young ladies calling
the house) who allegedly went to see "Land of the Dead" with his
friends, only to interrupt some narratively crucial moment of
[literal] carnage with a rousing chorus of the old popular song which
has been co-opted as a particularly dumb advertising jingle by the
Boston Market fast food/takeout chain, containing lyrics that run
something like, "Eat steak eat steak it's a mighty fine deal, eat
steak eat steak it's a wholesome meal..."

Naturally, his _REAL_ parents are to blame ;-)...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04