[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving SCA style

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Wed Nov 16 17:50:33 PST 2005

> In thinking about Thanksgiving, I was wondering what sort of SCA-
> style Thanksgiving dinners people had created at their house or as
> part of a potluck.  What sort of dishes did you make?  Did you do
> any other activities as part of the dinner like music or ???
>
> Sharon
> gordonse at one.net

Actually, I've been thinking about that. Rob and Margali are heading up to
her parent's place, and taking along everything but the turkey- pretty much
standard Thanksgiving side dishes. I'll be here alone, and Rob's getting me a
duck (my favorite poultry).

I think I'd like to do something period with it, but not sure what. Last time
they left me here, I did the entire Peking Duck thing, and had a marvelous
time puttering and cooking and carrying on.

Anybody have any suggestions? I do know I want it with a crispy skin (best
part, and DAMN the low cholesterol diet ;-) Suggestions for side dishes would
be appreciated too ;-)

Phlip