[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving duck

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 14:29:11 PST 2005

  Actually, I've been thinking about that. Rob and Margali are heading up to
her parent's place, and taking along everything but the turkey- pretty much
standard Thanksgiving side dishes. I'll be here alone, and Rob's getting me a
duck (my favorite poultry).

I think I'd like to do something period with it, but not sure what. Last time
they left me here, I did the entire Peking Duck thing, and had a marvelous
time puttering and cooking and carrying on.

Anybody have any suggestions? I do know I want it with a crispy skin (best
part, and DAMN the low cholesterol diet ;-) Suggestions for side dishes would
be appreciated too ;-)

Phlip
  You could cook the duck as in Sawse Madame - Forme of Cury #32. - Stuff the bird with pear, quince, seedless grapes, garlic, sage, parsley, hyssop and savory.  Roast on a pan with a rack so you can easily remove rendered fat during the roasting process.

  When making the sauce making the sauce, cook together wine, stuffing removed from the duck, some of the "grece", galingal, pouder douce and salt.  Cook it down a bit and pour over the dismembered bird.

  Cordelia Toser