[Sca-cooks] math time reply

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Thu Nov 17 12:45:26 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elaine Koogler" <ekoogler1 at comcast.net>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] math time reply

> Well, parsnips are a possibility...they are sweet and very good.  Or how
> about brocoli?  It's green, most folks like it and you can get it fresh or
> frozen most of the year 'round (and it's good that way).  Carrots can be
> fixed a lot of different ways and they're pretty tasty also.  Canned
> asparagus is not a wonderful thing...in fact, I hated asparagus until my
> Dad started growing it...now I can't get enough of it...fresh.  I even
> tried frozen and that was pretty nasty as well.   this may not be what
> you're looking for, but this could keep your costs down.
>
> Kiri

I vote for fresh spinach, or carrots.  Or, I hate them (except fresh and
raw) but I know lots of people love peas.

My favorite vegetable dish is a blend of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash,
bell peppers, and onions, drizzled with a little olive oil and some spices
and roasted. It's fabulous.

Laurensa