[Sca-cooks] Decisions, decisions...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 18 10:16:05 PST 2005

> I have also had thoughts on a dish that I have had many times, growing up-fried cabbage and apples. Shred cabbage, core and quarter apples (leave on the peel), toss in a frying pan with a little water, butter and a tad bit of sugar. cover, cook till tender.... (yeah, I know-no measurements. I am one of *those* cooks-add stuff till it looks, smells and tastes right)
> I haven't found anything similar in any of my books. I hope this isn't another one of my Grandmother's depression/War era recipes (i.e. Make do with what you have)

Oh, can you get kale or a similar green veg relatively cheaply? Buttered
Worts (boil your greens with butter in the water) goes over amazingly
well for us, and is cheap.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase