[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving SCA style

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Nov 18 18:28:14 PST 2005

I can't speak for other parts of the country, but it very well may be a
regional thing.  There are a couple of Mennonite colonies here in Montana,
and the one I'm most familiar with does a *huge* thing with fresh turkeys
(Thanksgiving and Christmas, only, I believe), and also, I think, with
chickens (I've seen them in the local organic foods/hippie store).  I get
the impression, although I could be wrong (or just not that well informed),
that it's their major source of income, actually.
--Maire
p.s.  We raised turkeys a few times when I was growing up, and one year,
they were so big we had to cut them in half to get them in the oven!
p.p.s.  Papa, I sure hope you post that recipe for Cinnamon Tart! (mmmmmmm)