[Sca-cooks] French cookies

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 14:47:54 PST 2005

drool

  Cordelia

Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
  The Detroit News carried a brief notice on Thursday
about French cookies being carried by a firm called
Quel Objet. I looked them up because it was mentioned that
these were based on "ancient historical recipes."
http://www.quelobjet.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Q&Category_Code=CKS
The French producer is http://www.petit-duc.com/
"Anne, from a family of restaurateurs from the fabled foie gras area of
France, has researched history of food preservation, the use of sugar,
and the history of pastry and candy making in Europe, discovering and
updating ancient recipes from the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries in
England, France, Switzerland, and even from the records of the Master
Pastry Chef to Albert 1er, King of the Belgians."

Anyway I thought people might like to see them.

Johnnae