[Sca-cooks] need pastellum variant

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 22 20:27:19 PST 2005

I'd suggest a smoked fowl or other animal as variant.  The fruit/vegetable
thing won't give you the succulence and depth of flavour that the animal fat
is providing.  Now, a good lamb shoulder or beef chuck would give you plenty
of both.  Don't know how you're fixed for curing and smoking a slab of lamb,
but it would be an interesting variant since you don't often find lamb belly
in Kroger.

niccolo difrancesco