[Sca-cooks] Report on Thanksgiving experiments...OP

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:36:14 PST 2005

It strikes me, ye great bumbling oaf of a kitchen genius, that the gravy was
indeed that completely marvelous.

The description absolutely has me salivating, and considering just how much
of a failure I considered my last roast gravy was that really is something.

Yes, indeed, GOOD gravy is somewhat of a mystery and an accomplishment all
by itself.  Any time I can come even within shouting distance of my maternal
grandmother's better versions, I am a happy, happy cook.

(That roast gravy:  went with regular flour, not roux, NOT cornstarch, AND I
flubbed the
flour proportions in thickening the drippings from the beef roast... the
gravy was still edible, but NOT one of my better attempts.  Too much celery
taste from the roasting drip didn't help, either.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen