[Sca-cooks] Binge drinking

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 25 21:41:42 PST 2005

Laurensa replied to me with:
> Laurensa commented:
> > lol...you out-drink me then! I MIGHT have a drink at hubby's
>
> > Christmas party
>
> > next week. Since we're also moving that weekend, I'll probably need
> > it. (But I'm gonna have a dedicated craft room! Woot!)
>

> >> Lol. So my question is, having see a number of "dedicated craft
>
> >> rooms" of various SCA friends, have you decided yet where to store
>
> >> the shovel? :-)
 >>>
> No, this is an actual room in the house itself! The garage is only
> a one-car garage, and my DH has this strange idea that he should be
> able to park the car in there. Silly man, that's the fabric storage
> room!
<<<

It is? Since I moved into my first house in 1985 I've always had a 2
bay garage. You mean some folks actually put their car(s) in this
nice storage area? :-)

>  It's supposed to be a family room, but it's going to be the
> library/craft room. Line the walls with bookshelves, add a table
> and my art desk, and I'm a happy girl.
<<<
I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought. Having seen many SCA library/
craft rooms, some in what they call a "living room". Some in what
some folks would call a "dining room" and some elsewhere, many
(most?) were examples of extreme  multi-tasking and the shovel is the
tool meant to ease the task-swapping. :-)
> >> You could bring them to Pennsic. I think that could rapidly
> solvethat problem.

> actually. I can't wear the commercial stuff.<<<

Oh! Was distilled alcohol used as a perfume base in period? Anyone know?

I do have these files in the PERSONAL CARE section of the
Florilegium, and they may have the answer to the question I just
asked, but I don't remember. Perhaps these might be of use to you. Of
course if your research shows additional info which should be in
these, I'd love to hear of it.
Perfumes-bib      (20K) 12/26/00    "Perfumes Bibliography" by Nora
Siri Bock.
perfumes-msg      (36K)  9/19/02    Medieval perfumes and pomanders.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com