[Sca-cooks] Cranberry sauce (was Re: Report on Thanksgiving experiments) OOP

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sun Nov 27 18:47:00 PST 2005

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:14:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Cranberry sauce (was Re: Report on Thanksgiving
	experiments) OOP

> Medieval? You could create your own list--
> There's this page on pectin that's created for the modern
> maker of jellies.
> http://www.pickyourown.org/pectin.htm
> BBC is here-
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/news_and_events/events_seasonalglut3.shtml
> http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/tips/summer/jellied_fruit_products.html
> Match up the lists of available fruits with the pectin content.
>
> Johnnae

Excellent websites, Johnna (and Adele ;-). Had a good time looking ;-)

I found an excellent website today, myself, but I'm afraid it would bore the
rest of you cross-eyed, unless you're interested in Merovingian metallurgy ;-)

Ah, well, when you can't swing a hammer, you can always open a web page or a
book...

Phlip, studying cheerfully, thanks to Paul, Adamantius, and a few other
friends...