[Sca-cooks] pre-Magna-Carta reigns

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 30 11:18:23 PST 2005

I really question this statement.  After the signing, John hired mercenaries
to fight the Barons, but he died about a year after the signing during a
rather unsuccessful conflict.

William Marshall, who had brokered the Magna Carta for John, became regent
for John's son and reaffirmed the charter.  Had the Barons been eradicated,
William Marshall could have ignored the issue.

Bear