[Sca-cooks] Re: Rice in a roaster Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 29, Issue 12

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 08:21:15 PDT 2005

Greetings,

Based on what I found in the files and the helpful
replies here, I did a test run last night.  Boy Howdy,
how easy was that.

I used a 2 lb (~4 cup) bag of rice (same kind, but
smaller amount from what I will use Saturday), and 7-8
cups of water.  Set the roaster at 350 and walked
away.  It took a little under 1.5 hours before it
smelled done, so I turned it off and let it steam a
bit longer.  IT WAS PERFECT!  I never stirred, though
I peeked a couple of times to be sure it was ok, and
just ignored it otherwise.  I did not have meat to
throw in it, but I expect no trouble for the pre
cooked chicken chunks Im tossing in for the real
thing.  I do expect it to take at least twice that
long to do the amounts I need, but as long as I start
them by 8:30 I should hope they will be done at noon.

Thank you all for helping me work it out!

In Service
Gwen (now to make carrotsticks for 150) Cat

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Cat ." <tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Rice in a roaster?

> Hi all
> Gwen Cat the curious PEST again.
> Has anyone ever tried doing quantities of rice (with
> meat in it) in a roaster?
snip