[Sca-cooks] Middle-Eastern 'Nibbles'?

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 19:58:47 PDT 2005

Greetings unto the List, this fine warm evening!
I come begging a boon.
Our Queen in Meridies is a Lady of Middle-Eastern interests.
I have agreed to provide the table fare for the upcoming Queen's Rapier
Champion Tournament.
I am thinking of doing light fare, with tea.
I have heard of a creamy treat that is served on rose petals. It was served
privately to another Queen at a White Rose Ball a few years back. This would be
perfect. Does anyone know what these are, and what the recipe is?

I am also thinking of homemade butter cookies, candied orange peel, and
Something Savory (?).
And a gallon jug of Milo's tea. <G> It is so sweet, it could pass for ME tea.

Now here's the second question-what would a Middle Eastern Savoury/nibble be
like? Cheese? Spiced roasted almonds?

thank you!!!!!

Helen
digging quickly into the books....