[Sca-cooks] Angel's Food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 15 00:41:41 PDT 2005

Niccola DiFrancesco commented:
> You may be thinking of something whose title translates loosely as
> Angel's
> Food?  Lady Tara of South Downs popularized  this particular item
> at the
> nuncheon for Mistress Christianna's Laurel vigil.  Basically
> ricotta or
> similar cheese product sweetened and flavored with rose water (I
> prefer
> orange flower water).  Tara served it with a fruit preserve (a
> marmalayde would be wonderful)
>
> Recipe can be found in Mediterranean Cuisine . . . probably in the
> Florithingy as well.  I miss Ras.

Yes, the recipe for "Angel's Food" can be found in this file in the
FOOD section:
fresh-cheeses-msg (43K)  3/28/04    Fresh cheeses such as ricotta,
cream cheese
                                        and cottage cheese. Non-aged
cheeses.

I believe the recipe, or at least commentary on this can be found in
several other files. Use the search engine on the top page. This is
one of the files:
tarts-msg        (102K)  5/21/04    Period small, open-topped,
shallow pies.

And small tarts might be a quick and easy way to serve this.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com