[Sca-cooks] Beer for a Queen

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 17 22:07:33 PDT 2005

Helen commented:
> This present Queen has also expressed an admiration for European dark
> beers.
> But, I am not a brewer and it is NOT good to get the Queen Tidlly
> before
> various meetings and Court....;)
>
> Helen
> All according to Her Majesty's Tastes....

How about a small beer? This is a weakly alcoholic beer and I imagine
it can be made with the materials of a dark beer. Any of your local
brewers who brew other beers should be able make this and another
advantage is that it should be quick to make.
small-beer-msg    (20K) 11/ 6/03    A weakly alcoholic beer made
using the grain
                                        from a previous batch of beer
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/small-beer-msg.html

Although made in period as the second run, I suspect it could be made
today by watering down the beer syrups? which a lot of folks use
instead of starting with actual grain.

You would have to do this without using official SCA funds. Perhaps
the Queen will like this, and of course if the Queen likes it, so
will a number of others, and maybe you could replace your kingdom's
tea flavored sugar water over time.:-)

Stefan
(rabble-rouser)
--------