[Sca-cooks] Beer for a Queen

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 18 07:48:43 PDT 2005

The Queen of Meridies (also my protege) has made small beer to serve at her
feasts before.  I'm sure she'll like whatever is served.
As for replacing sweet tea in Meridies, I doubt it.  Not when we go to
Pennsic and everyone asks if we will be making "real" iced tea for our
party.  I don't serve it at my feasts, and more and more there are not one
but a variety of interesting period beverages served at feasts, but sweet
tea is here to stay, it's just one of those things.  We'll fight the big
fights elsewhere I guess.
Christianna

How about a small beer? This is a weakly alcoholic beer and I imagine
it can be made with the materials of a dark beer. Any of your local
brewers who brew other beers should be able make this and another
advantage is that it should be quick to make.

You would have to do this without using official SCA funds. Perhaps
the Queen will like this, and of course if the Queen likes it, so
will a number of others, and maybe you could replace your kingdom's
tea flavored sugar water over time.:-)

Stefan
(rabble-rouser)