[Sca-cooks] Period Cooking Outdoors

Woodrow Hill asim at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 20 07:38:50 PDT 2005

Merhaba,

I would ask the aid of the assembled for resources on cooking in a
period manner for camping.  I'm contemplating cooking for about 50-75
people at a site that lacks modern facilities, so the idea of doing
this in as period a style as I can manage intrigues me.
My focus would be "Middle Eastern" period foods, and mostly snack-type
stuff on top of this (I have the Miscellany, as well as some Ottoman
cooking resources) but I'm not tied solely to that theme.  Any
resources (books! books! books!), or advice, the assembled can give
would be of help, and greatly appreciated.

Sukran,

----asim