[Sca-cooks] Ras' bear meat episode

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 21:31:03 PDT 2005

Adamantius mentioned:
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 12:59 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> > This person either didn't read the menu or didn't believe it. She
> > should have been angry at herself, not Ras.
>
> As I recall, that's what happened. She read it, read the word "bear",
> and assumed it was some sort of code. She ate it, then found out that
> "bear" was the code word for "bear", and became sufficiently upset to
> borderline assault Ras.

Yes, some details, including this episode, can be found in this file
in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium:
KF-feast-msg       (9K)  5/12/00    The King's Forest feast.

I wasn't sure if I had this story until you mentioned "code word" and
it rang a bell.

The following two messages are from this file: