[Sca-cooks] OT- Happy camper ;-)

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Oct 31 16:23:54 PST 2005

As some of you may know, I've been involved with FreeCycle(TM), which is a
group of mundanes who, in order to put used-but-still-good items to use,
rather than throw them into the Landfills, give their unwanted items away to
each other, for free, no strings attached. In fact, I became a moderator for
one of our local groups, so I've been pretty active. It's a really good
deal- if you want to find out more, go to : www.freecycle.org  .

A couple month ago, a lady gave away her 17 inch monitor, and I was the
lucky one she gave it to. She told me at the time that she was giving it
away because "it's making a funny noise, so I got a new one." Yesterday, my
poor old battered 14.5 inch monitor lost its ability to use green, which
means my screen had some VERY funny colors on it, mostly relating to hot
pink, and was giving me a headache. I hadn't installed the new monitor
because we wanted to check it out first, and just hadn't gotten around to
it, but I had to at this point. Rob had said, when I was discussing asking
for it, that whatever the noise, we could likely get rid of it, if only by
shutting down any speakers it had.

Well, we installed it tonight, and it's wonderful ;-) I can bring my screen
up to a smaller resolution, and still see what's on it, and it makes NO
funny noises- it doesn't have any speakers hooked into it, just mine, that
are hooked directly to the CPU box. What's funny, is, apparently, the lady
gave away her $200 monitor, and kept the $20 speakers. Her choice, but
definitely to my benefit ;-)

I am a VERY happy camper ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD