[Sca-cooks] jellied milk

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 04:48:02 PDT 2005

> > Has anyone made jellied milk before? Have you served it at an SCA
> > event? How did it go over? Redaction?

I did jellies almond milk, but I don't remember having a period (or any
other kind) recipe.  Served it with peaches for a fundraiser lunch in the
summer.  I should have made twice as much as I had.  It went over
surprisingly well.  'Course, as I said, I don't know that I could document
it, so it may not count.

As I recall the ingredients were commercial almond milk ("original" flavor),
sugar, rose water, unflavored gelatin (no isinglass available in this
backwater).  Very easy to do, and very good and refreshing on a hot summer
day.

Mairi Ceilidh