[Sca-cooks] To oil or not to oil?

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Oct 4 10:22:11 PDT 2005

>From a site on walnut oil.

"Once opened, all nut oils should be kept in a cool place out of the light
or refrigerated to prevent them from becoming rancid. Also, resist the urge
to stock up on large quantities of nut oils as they become rancid more
quickly than other vegetable oils."

Side note: "Walnut oil is not a cooking oil; high heat destroys its delicate
flavor."

Then came across this site;
http://www.rivannadesigns.com/enviroFinishes.html

I then found this which states contrary to the statement above.
http://www.dld123.com/q&a/qandatemp.php?id=Q33

Lyse