[Sca-cooks] pasties

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 4 12:48:14 PDT 2005

Squish shortbread or sugar cooky dough into small muffin tins.  Par-bake
until set but not browned.  Put onto each a spoon of almond paste,
smooth out a little, place some slivered or sliced almonds thereon, bake
until browned.

Another one tart treatment I've seen lately on Food Network involves
three leaves of phyllo, spray with a cooking spray [!! but it does make
an even layer of not too much lube, unlike the usual
butter-and-paintbrush method], sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, layer them
together and cut into squares.  Take a set of the layered squares and
pat into a [sprayed] muffin tin, bake blind.  She then put chocolate
pudding in it but you know better things I'm sure.

Good luck!

Selene