[Sca-cooks] French TV show w/recipes

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 5 02:46:13 PDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 08:14 schrieb bruniquel:
> This is an interesting 5-part series playing this
> week on the Arte TV channel in France and
> Germany. The site offers just a few recipes, in
> French (or German)...
>
> L'Histoire en cuisine (History through cooking)

I've been recording the first two instalments (third one due today) and the
pictures alone are infinitely worth it. They do occasionally get a bit overly
territorial, though (as in the statement for the 14th century "as of yet, no
butter was used" - omitting the vital "in our part of France"), and they tend
to go with one interpretation, even when one shouldn't ('caroenum' is a sweet
wine to them)

I recommend it to everyone who knows French or German, and arte is kind enough
to sell recordings of all its shows on request.

Tonight: the sixteenth century

Giano