[Sca-cooks] Rice in a roaster?

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 17:35:08 PDT 2005

I see no reason why rice in a roaster would not work just fine, though I
have never done it that way (I'll probably try it sometime soon, now that
you have mentioned it).  In the oven, I know about.  Use the ratio of rice
water (1:2) just as you would for the stovetop.  Season as you normally
would (I use salt and butter), and cover with foil.  Put pan in 400* F. oven
and cook for about 45 min.  Check for doneness.  It might take a little
longer.

The only time this did not work for me was at a recent feast (someone else
was actually doing it).  I think we cooked thet #%$& rice for two days.  It
never did come out right.  Only time in fifty-(mumble) years I've had rice
fail.

Mairi Ceilidh