[Sca-cooks] Cheese Goo Project

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 6 12:30:11 PDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2005 18:44 schrieb Barbara Benson:
> Speaking of this one, Giano, this one is listed as from the
> Wolfenbüttel MS but with no other attribution. Would it be possible to
> get a date and region for that?

It was dated to "c. 1500" by its first editor, IIRC purely on paleographic
grounds, and I have to still be convinced of this. Definitely 'German Late
Medieval', though, given the prevalence of sugar. It is written in a Low
German dialect, so it belongs north of the dialect border and presumably in
Lower Saxony, where it is now held.  I can't be more precise until I've had a
chance to actually read the stuff and look at a facsimile, but that's the
picture I get.

It's a VERY intersting manuscript and I look forward to finishing the
translation - one day :-/

Giano