[Sca-cooks] Pinch-hitting (was pasties)

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 7 20:44:37 PDT 2005

I once found out on Wednesday that I had the upcoming weekend off after all,
and could go to an event in Bryn Madoc (where Aoghan is from, as a matter of
fact - I went to school there once myself long, long ago - UGA - Athens,
GA).  I called Master Aedward up and said "Hey, Aeddie, I can come this
weekend after all, are there any beds left?"  He said: "Sure, by the way, do
you want to cook the feast too?"  It seems the feastcrat and my former
roommate (the other original Jolly Mermayde) had just lost her mother, and
was travelling to Flaa. to deal with funeral arrangements.  Since we had
cooked together many times, and she was a wiz at oranizing as well, I walked
right into her plans and already-bought food and was able to cook a very
respectable feast.  Everyone was amazed, but it really wasn't that bad - she
had done all of the hard work in advance so it went rather smoothly.
Kudos to Serena for stepping in, and here's hoping all of us have those
kinds of friends that you can call on in an emergency that can pull it off
for you.
Christianna