[Sca-cooks] Pinch-hitting (was pasties)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 7 13:14:31 PDT 2005

There is NO SUBSTITUTE for having an experienced and talented feast cook in
your circle of friends or network.  When I was in the wonderful world of
mass medieval cookery, we were in the habit of having a "second" on staff
who knew what was going on and had some part in the pre-feast ramp up.
Granted Serena, Mistress Caitlin and I were often in each other's staff . .
. it made the safety net pretty nifty in case of disaster.  we all knew each
others' styles and had more than a little competence in flying blind and
handcuffed if needed.

niccolo difrancesco