[Sca-cooks] Where to eat while in East Chicago IL

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 21:34:30 PDT 2005

Mistress Christianna said:
> Dear Jean,

Welcome to SCA-Cooks, Jean!

> We are glad you are there, lurker or not!  While I agree it would be
> best to get these responses off-list, might you be able to collect
> them
> into one document, and then perhaps post it as one

Yes folks, please post these to the list. Or send them to Jean so she
can collate them and then send to the list. I'd like to hear what
folks have to say, even if my only experience with Chicago is to know
that you don't want to fly back through there in the winter if you
want to get home when you originally planned to. :-)

> or send it to Stephan for the
> Florilegium files?  (Stephan, do you have a place for cuisine by
> city?).

Nope. Sorry. While of interest to me, most of these are too far from
the purpose of the Florilegium which concentrates on the Middle Ages
and it's re-creation through the SCA and similar groups. I do keep
some reviews of places to eat and things to do in European cities,
but even that is generally limited to medieval oriented stuff.

Stefan

PS: Along similar lines, does anyone have any recommendations for
folks, SCA or not, who run medieval oriented European tours,
especially the United Kingdom? Right now a relative of my wife is
pushing her to come with her to China when she gets her second
adopted child. However, I think my wife will have enough problems
with a foreign country even if the signs are in script she can read
but not understand (Germany) or even if she can (somewhat) understand
the language (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland). Also, at $2000 plus
for just her, I think Europe would be a better choice.

Among other things, is the food. She doesn't like American-Chinese
food, much less Chinese-Chinese food. "But the hotel will have
European food". Then why are you going there if you aren't going to
eat the food there? sigh.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com