[Sca-cooks] About Trader Joe's

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Oct 9 16:20:06 PDT 2005

Trader Joe's moved into Ann Arbor's old Whole Food Market
store and immediately became a destination shopping experience for yuppies.
The lines to check out are just huge on weekends. We stopped once
on a Saturday and left because we didn't want to stand for 30-40 minutes
to check out.
People who come to Ann Arbor now often bring coolers and ice packs so they
can shop the freezer cases at Trader Joes and take frozen stuff home.
It's also famous for  "Two Buck Chuck" which is this wine from
Charles Shaw that compares favorably with wine that costs $50.
Anyway Trader Joes has already become part of the local folklore
and is often mentioned in blogs.
http://www.kitchenchick.com/2004/04/trader_joes_and.html

I did manage to make it out the door without spending $50 on my last trip.
It can be done.

Johnnae

Nancy Kiel wrote:
Our family joke about Trader Joe's was that eggs cost $50;