[Sca-cooks] About Trader Joe's

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 14:09:37 PDT 2005

Nancy Kiel wrote:

>Our family joke about Trader Joe's was that eggs cost $50;  the eggs were in fact cheaper than the supermarket, but there were so many other cool things there---interesting cheese, wines, crackers, etc---that you always spent more than you intended.  I usually only shopped there when buying things for a party, like interesting cheeses....

We have so far to go to get a Trader Joe's that whenever I'm anywhere
near where the closest one is (about 40 miles away, in Annapolis), I
stop in...as I did today.  Got lots of cool stuff, but given current
prices on things, didn't find it all that much more expensive than my
local Safeway...and got better variety, for the most part, and certainly
higher quality.  We also are seeing a number of Wegman's going up in the
DC area...one in northern VA, and now a new one up north of
Baltimore...sigh...it's even bigger and better than Trader Joe's...but
so far away!!!

Kiri