[Sca-cooks] New Thanksgiving Cookbook

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 11 03:51:07 PDT 2005

Actually I suppose those that live in Texas might
support the following:
http://www.new-life.net/thanks01.htm  where it
talks about
The first recorded Christian thanksgiving in America occurred in Texas
on May 23, 1541 when Spanish explorer, Francisco Vasquez de Coronado,
and his men held a service of thanksgiving after finding food, water,
and pasture for their animals in the Panhandle.

The book will be out this week, so we can then see what it actually
says. It does have recipes from Markham in it, so it might be interesting.

Johnnae