[Sca-cooks] Brussels sprouts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 16 14:44:16 PDT 2005

There may be no practical difference from a culinary point, but I think you
will find brussels sprouts produce more sprouts and last later in the season
than regular head cabbage.  In the case of brussels sprouts, a seed head
does form at the top of the stalk but will not flower and go to seed until
after a cold season, a process known as vernalization.  It goes to seed in
the second year.

Bear