[Sca-cooks] Natural Magick as a Culinary source?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 19 16:31:26 PDT 2005

Looks like I'm losing mail.  I didn't get the start of this thread.

As the good Cap'n points out, "corn" is a generic word for grain, but if you
are looking for period European references to using maize, try the herbal of
Hieronymus Bock (1539) where he describes it as being used to make good
bread and mush, Leonard Fuchs Herbal (1543) where he comments that the make
fine white meal to bake bread, and Gonzalo Fernando de Oviedo's General and
natural histoy of the West Indies (1556) commenting on bread being made from
maize in Madrid.

Bear