[Sca-cooks] Garlic

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Oct 20 06:26:48 PDT 2005

Some of the commercial spaghetti sauces are perceptibly sweet, at least to
my taste.  And I'm fond of sweets, so it's not necessarily an "eeeuuuw"
thing with me.   Having recently happened upon a recipe for a quick homemade
sauce, though, I hope not to have to resort to the cheaper sauces my budget
adjusts my tastes to.  If that makes any sense. <g>  (pre-caffeine)
The recipe, before anyone accuses me of being a spoon tease, is basically a
large can of crushed tomatoes, simmered with basic italian herbs (tm).
Comes out a little chunkier than sauce made from pureed tomatoes (or
commercial), but not as chunky as a marinara.  When I have the time and
inclination, I love to do an all-day simmered sauce with beef and pork and
all kinds of goodies in it, but the quick version can't be beat for
something easy to fix when I get home and have to cook dinner.  Sauce is
pretty much done by the time the pasta is....
--Maire