[Sca-cooks] Period Cooking Outdoors

Woodrow Hill asim at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 24 20:12:35 PDT 2005

On 10/22/05, Daniel  Phelps <phelpsd at gate.net> wrote:
> If I may say so the first thing I would suggest doing is to find out what
> fire restrictions the site has and will be likely to have during the dates
> you will want to cook.
[snipped rest of excellent set of suggestions]

Thank you!  And everyone, really -- I've noted all your commentary for
reference, along with the locals with some experience.  As I develop
this further, I hope to have the chance to put some of my experiences
online in some sort of report or journal...
As to one part of your exact commentary, my area (North Carolina) has
fairly lenient rules on open fires, in general.  The specific site
also has an extremely lenient fire policy, and is willing to work with
us extensively in that area.

----asim