[Sca-cooks] Re: Blown Sugar is Chinese Apparently

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 26 16:06:56 PDT 2005

Greetings!  I've been skimming the digests because I've been substitute
teaching for two weeks and it's using up what energy I have.  However, I
had a question today about this Chinese business... When was sugar cane
developed and grown in China?  When did they have whatever passed for
refineries?  You can't make blown sugar without having some type of sugar
production and I will admit that I know virtually nothing about China.  I
know that the Arabic sugar production from cane supposedly started around
the time of Mohammed.  Did the Chinese have "processed" cane sugar prior to
the Arabs?

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com