[Sca-cooks] Marzipan Outcome

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 22:15:56 PDT 2005

Molli-zpan Rose mentioned:
> They seemed to go over very well and I’m hooked. I love Marzipan and
> I’m looking forward to working in Sugar Pane and Marzipane!

What is "Sugar Pane"? Is this the same as sugar paste or sugar plate?

> It was fun and a very satisfying experience. Now
> what to do with 7 lbs of Almond Paste (still sealed in the can)  that
> is left over
> I’m home this weekend come on over!

My apologies if you've already checked out these files, but there are
a lot of good answers on technique as well as some project ideas in
these two files in the FOOD-SWEET section of the Florilegium:
marzipan-msg      (85K)  6/18/04    Use of marzipan (almond paste) in
sotelties.
sugar-paste-msg  (104K)  6/29/03    Making sugar paste sotelties.

Perhaps this one might also be of interest:
Sgr-a-Cnftns-art  (20K) 12/26/00    "Of Sugar and Confections" by Alys
                                        Katharine, O.L., O.P. (Elise
Fleming).

I don't have the URL immediately available, but for some ideas you
might also want to take a look through the photographs that Olwen has
of her multitude of marzipan projects.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas