[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 05:29:37 PDT 2005

We're not paying quite that much yet, though we are up to $3.50 for regular here in some parts of Maryland.  I suspect we'll see $4.00 before the day is out.

I firmly believe that someone is making an incredible profit on this...prices jumped an obscene amount within 12 hours of the hurricane...long before suppliers would have begun feeling the pinch.  And, at least here, stations whose gas is normally more expensive are now cheaper than the "cheap" places...you know, the "discount" sellers!

And, IMHO, this price gouging on gas is far more criminal than the looting that's happening in New Orleans.

Kiri