[Sca-cooks] candied boar?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 22:28:57 PDT 2005

> Boar in Comfit
>
> B-ig Dum Gunthar

Huh? I thought comfits were sugar coated spices and seeds. I'd think
that dipping the boar, even a small one, multiple times in sugar
syrup would be rather difficult. As well as cost a small fortune,
either then or now. Maybe this is the predecessor to glazed ham? :-)

comfits-msg       (48K)  6/18/04    Period candied spices and seeds.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/comfits-msg.html

Stefan
--------