[Sca-cooks] sour cabbage - german recipe

Sandra Jakl kieralady2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 11:32:44 PDT 2005

Greetings all!

I am looking for a period German recipe for sourcraut.
I've found a couple of recipes that reference
saurkraut (saures Kraut) in Ein New Kochbuch and the
Preserved Cabbage (Eynngemacht Crautt), from Ein
Kochbuch aus dem Archiv des Deutschen Ordens, but not
actually anything that describes the appropriate
method to make specifically "sour cabbage".

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I'm
overlooking it or something silly like that. *sigh*

Kind Regards,
Clara von Ulm