[Sca-cooks] Martino's Book on CD

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 27 09:09:10 PDT 2005

Greetings.  I haven't been paying close attention to the book titles folk
have been suggesting, but I don't think I saw this one flash by.  This was
sent to me by a friend.

Maestro Martino's Libro de arte coquinaria is undoubtedly one of the most
important surviving cookery books of the Renaissance. His recipes presage
modern practices in many respects, and his cuisine had an enduring
influence on European cooking. The Octavo Edition of this manuscript from
the Library of Congress includes a commentary and English translation by
Gillian Riley, a foreword by Alice Waters of Chez Panisse, and essays by
Bruno Laurioux and Paul Shaw. Available on CD-ROM (ISBN 1-891788-83-3).
US$40.
http://www.octavo.com/editions/mrtlac/

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming