[Sca-cooks] OT: gas/petrol prices after Katrina

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 09:59:07 PDT 2005

Gas prices in Los Angeles are around three bucks today, plus-or-minus a
dime or three.

On the other hand, I got this from my protege', a US expat with a new
job in Qatar:

"Bought gas for the first time yesterday, a Mobil Oil petrol station.

"Price per liter for super preimum unleaded was .80 dirhams a liter,
total fillup was 27 liters, for a total of QR 21.80

"Or, to put it another way, the price was just slightly under .22 US
cents a liter, and the entire tankful was USD$5.91"

Yeah, I told him in IM later that evening, but the MILEAGE to get to
Potrero War makes up for it.  He laughed.

-=-=-=-

My Miami correspondent reports that author Robert Asprin ["Yang The
Nauseating"] is alive and safe.  She didn't say who told her, or safe
WHERE, but that's reassuring anyway.  Jazz legend Fats Domino is still
missing.  As is his house.

-=-=-=-

I keep mis-typing "Katrina" as "Karina."  I'll have to tell that former
Laurel Queen of Arms, she will probably be at Angels Anniversary in her
neighborhood next week.  She'll get a laugh out of it.

Selene