[Sca-cooks] A tomato problem... A bit OT

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 12:57:43 PDT 2005

I purchased a seedling via email.  Supposed to be big
tomatoes.  I have had the problem of keeping the
catapillars from eathing mine.  They don't want to
ripen on the vine either.  I have a really odd one
that has an indent around half of it and one side is
getting red the other side is staying green...Maybe it
just isnt a good year for tomatoes for some of us.

Alexa

--- "Glenn A. Crawford"
<tavernkeeper at phoenixroost.com> wrote:

> I live in New Hampshire and most of our tomatoes are
> green too.
> We planted them around the same time and the one
> that self planted (farm
> manure) are also green.
> The few reddish one came from seedling that we
> bought.
> I'm going to pick some to try to ripen them in a
> window sill.
>
> Is anyone one else in the New England area having
> this problem??
>
> Thanks,
> Glenn

problem... A bit