[Sca-cooks] acorns

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Fri Sep 9 03:08:52 PDT 2005

I have heard that there are certain varieties of oak that are not bitter. I
am familiar with the NA processes and use of acorns and they to mention a
specific oak that is not as bitter as others but the book I was reading
stated that the Basque ate acorns.
The acorn starch information comes from the fact that I can purchase it at a
local Orient Store. I have yet to try it in a recipe.

Lyse