[Sca-cooks] Re: Frogs' legs query

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 9 04:20:12 PDT 2005

> Petru - I'll rootle out the recipe for green sauce and try it. How were they
> received at your feast?

They all marched out valiantly to meet their fate - alas, none came back
:-)))

So I'd say they were pretty well received :-)

This said, here are the 2 recipes for Platina, you won't have to look for
them too long:

 ... »We let the legs of those which are captured be stripped of skin and
soaked a night or day in fresh water. Then when they have been rolled in
meal, we fry them in oil. When they are fried and put in a dish, my friend
Palellus covers them with green sauce and sprinkles them with fennel flowers
and spices...

Green Sauce (Platina, Book VII #6)

 Grind together a little parsley, thyme, chard or other fragrant herbs, a
moderate amound of ginger, also of cinnamon, and a bit of salt. When they
are ground, soak in sharp vinegar, and pass through a sieve into a bowl. If
garlic pleases you, add more or less according to taste.

(P.S. Add garlic! Lots of it!!!)

Petru