[Sca-cooks] acorns can be deadly!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 9 17:32:51 PDT 2005

On what do you base this statement?  I've looked at two different studies of
the chemical composition of acorns, one shows no traces of arsenic, the
other places arsenic at .1 ppm  While arsenic might be a local problem if
the water in the area was high in arsenic, the tannins and gallotannins
found in acorns represent a far more serious general problem if not leached
out.

Bear