[Sca-cooks] Acorns

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 11 17:32:54 PDT 2005

Daniel mentioned:
> We had this conversation, more or less, a few years back.  I think
> that
> there are clips regarding it in Stefan's Opus.

"Stefan's Opus"? We've got three cats here, but I don't remember any
penguins. :-)

> Quercus ilex is the European
> variety that produces edible acorns quite similar to chestnuts.
> See "The
> Book of Edible Nuts" by Frederic Rosegarten, Jr.

Still, new information often arises when we revisit an old theme.
I'll add this. And I remember this book being mentioned before. It
sounded interesting then, and still does. But I haven't bought a copy
yet.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas