[Sca-cooks] Re: foods not eaten...or shouldn't be

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 10 11:18:41 PDT 2005

Am Samstag, 10. September 2005 18:37 schrieb Mark Hendershott:

> Yeah that's the good stuff.  Yes, you can use the canned green beans.  I
> remember the marshmallows on sweet potato stuff too.  (parents from small
> town Iowa, must be a Midwestern thing)
> Simon Sinneghe
> Briaroak, Summits, An Tir

Well, I'm not sure about midwestern. My grandmother came over from Buffalo,
NY, and she brought with her a piece of ethnic american cuisine that will
forever be etched into my childhood memories: Tuna Crisp

You mix cooked spiral noodles, Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, cubed
multicolored bell peppers and canned tuna and optionally pep it up a bit with
SeasonAll. Then you line a baking dish with crinkle-cut salted potato chips
and carefully fill in the mixture. Cover it up with more potato chips and
bake.

Yeah... When I was, like, ten I even liked it.

Giano